For the upcoming start date of May 2021 (incoming Class of 2024) all students must apply via the application materials below.
Important Upcoming Dates
|Incoming Class of 2024||Incoming Class of 2025|
|Application materials posted||June 1, 2020||July 1, 2021 (on PTCAS - see below)**|
|Application materials due||April 30, 2021||December 1, 2021|
|In-person and/or Zoom Interviews||Rolling basis as applications are received and verified
|Conditional Acceptance notification||Within 1 week after the interview||TBD|
|Orientation||May 17, 2021||TBD|
|Classes begin||May 18, 2021||May 16, 2022 (TENTATIVE)|
|Candidacy Decision (see "Accreditation")||Late April/Early May 2021|
Required Application Forms
- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME ON ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Application Instructions - UPDATED
- Program Application
- Character Reference Form
- Clinical Observation Verification Form
- While still highly recommended, at this time the requirement of 60 clinical observation hours has been waived due to COVID-19. If you have completed observation hours, please list completed hours on the associated form and submit with all application materials.
- Please contact program administration via email [email protected] with any questions.
Required Documents to Review*
- Technical Standards and Essential Functions for Physical Therapy Practice
- Criteria for Progression to the Professional Physical Therapy Program
* Thorough review of these documents is expected, but not submitted as part of the full application materials.
Reservation Fee - Applicants granted conditional acceptance into the DPT program for the incoming Class of 2024 are required to pay a non-refundable $250.00 reservation fee to secure their seat (pending favorable candidacy decision). The reservation fee will be applied to the cost of tuition once the applicant matriculates into the program.
**For those who wish to apply for the start date of May 2022 (incoming Class of 2025), please see below:
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Lincoln Memorial University plans to participate in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS, in the 2021-2022 admissions cycle. Applicants applying to the LMU physical therapist education program for the 2022 entering class will apply online using the PTCAS application beginning in June/July 2021. To learn more about PTCAS, visit www.ptcas.org.
Please check back periodically for updates.
For more information on undergraduate programs at LMU click here.
To apply for LMU undergraduate programs click here.