This pathway is appropriate for:
- High school seniors applying to LMU who would like to complete their BS in Exercise and Rehabilitation Science degree and DPT degree in six years.
LMU undergraduate admission criteria:
1. High school graduate with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
2. Minimum composite ACT score of 19 or SAT score of 1010.
Additionally, students who wish to pursue this pathway, must meet the following criteria for BS/DPT track admission:
1. High school graduate with a science and math grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
2. Minimum math (21) and reading (23) ACT score or minimum SAT score of 1100
3. Three (3) years of science including Chemistry and BiologyOne year of physics is strongly recommended
4. Three (3) years of college prep math (algebra, geometry, advanced algebra and/or trigonometry)
5. Students will be required to answer a physical therapy focused writing prompt/personal statement
6. Two (2) character references from (choose 2 of the following):
a. Guidance counselor / humanities teacher
b. Science Teacher
Freshmen admitted as BS/DPT students will be granted conditional acceptance into the Professional phase of the DPT program upon satisfactory completion of the above requirements. Full acceptance will be granted pending satisfactory completion of the Criteria for Progression to the Professional DPT Program. Students must also complete LMU’s general education core curriculum requirements in addition to the BS requirements to earn a baccalaureate degree in Exercise and Rehabilitation Science at the end of the first year of the Professional program.
Students wishing to apply via this pathway will apply using the general LMU application link when applying as a high school senior.
More information regarding the degree path can be found here.