The DMS program uses a rolling admissions process until all seats are filled. In addition to the total number of seats available per class, each cognate will have a maximum capacity per cohort. Acceptance will be dependent on the student’s ability to meet the program's academic requirements.
Candidates must furnish:
A Completed DMS Application
Applications are being accepted for:
- Summer 2022. Applicants wishing to complete the Medical Education cognate should apply for summer enrollment.
- Fall 2021. Applicants wishing to complete the Clinical Medicine cognates (Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine) should apply for fall enrollment.
(Applicants seeking part-time enrollment status for the clinical cognates should apply
for Summer enrollment.)
Deadline to apply for summer admissions is April 1st
Deadline to apply for fall admissions is July 15th
(The admission’s process operates on a rolling acceptance policy thus it is in the candidate’s best interest to apply as early as possible.)
- Must hold a bachelor degree or higher from an ARC-PA accredited program or international equivalent
- Current physician assistant certification (NCCPA or other)
- Unencumbered licensure as a physician assistant in the U.S.A. or International Jurisdiction (if applicable)
- Demonstrated potential for success in an advanced rigorous doctoral-level program
- No history of negative legal, administrative, or licensure action related to the practice of medicine
- Continue to practice medicine as a physician assistant, or be actively teaching in graduate medical education while enrolled in the program.
( The program reserves the right to deny admission based on public professionalism issues.)
Once the application and all the supporting material have been received in the LMU-SMS, DMS admissions office, the applicant’s file will be reviewed by the admissions committee. Candidates eligible for admissions will be invited to attend a virtual interview.
Following the interview and receipt of all necessary information, the applicant’s file will again be reviewed by the admissions committee. Applicants will then be assigned to one of the following categories: 1) Accept, 2) Alternate/Hold, or 3) Reject. Applicants will be notified in writing as soon as possible following the committee’s decision.
Kerfala FoFana Class of 2020
"I am thrilled I decided to enroll in the LMU DMS Program. The Program has improved the way I evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients and also taught me how to provide excellent health care at a low cost. I can now read X-rays, CT’s, US and MRI's with confidence thanks to Dr. Crum's lectures. The lectures taught by board-certified instructors will have a long-lasting impact on my career."
Juan Grado Class of 2020
"Completing this program while having served 2 combat tours of duty overseas (Afghanistan and Iraq) and still fulfilling my demanding stateside operational tempo and travel schedule only developed a larger sense of confidence in myself. I am truly happy I started this program and was able to finish with the assistance of flexible and understanding advisors."
Elizma Mercier – DMS Class of 2020
"The DMS program has allowed me to attain additional academics, knowledge, and skills in order to provide Doctorate-level medical care to my patients. It pushed me above and beyond my comfort zone, during challenging times in this world. It matured me and provided a depth of understanding, which was rushed through during PA school."