Impact Image

Accessible Education Services

LMU is committed to providing accessible educational support services to enable students with disabilities to participate in, and benefit from, all University programs and activities. Every effort is made to reasonably accommodate the needs of a student with a disability. It is important for students to understand that it is the student's responsibility to request accessibility services at a post-secondary institution, and timely requests for services are imperative for the best possible outcomes in seeking and receiving reasonable accommodations. Our mission is to work with you as a team to remove barriers that may hinder your ability to fully participate in the academic experience at Lincoln Memorial University.

Accessible educational support services are administered by the Office of Accessible Education Services. Any issues related to accessibility, the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), or Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 ("Section 504") should be directed to:


Dr. Daniel Graves

Office Location: Carnegie Vincent Library- 105

Phone: 423.869.6587

[email protected]



Dr. Amanda Dunn

Office Location: Carnegie Vincent Library- 109

Phone: 423.869.7121

[email protected]

Students seeking accommodation(s) must make a request for EACH semester an accommodation is needed. Accommodations will not be automatically renewed. To request an accommodation, the student must submit a Student Request for Accommodations form and the required medical documentation to the Office of Accessible Education Services by the following deadlines: September 1 (fall semester);February 1 (spring semester); June 1 (summer semester). Accommodation requests will be considered after the deadline only if the disability first presents itself after the corresponding deadline, but in any event no fewer than fourteen (14) days preceding the requested effective date of the accommodation.

Please review the Accessible Education Services Accommodations Policy and Procedure for specific information and medical documentation required for your request for accommodation to be reviewed. Accommodations are not retroactive. Failure to provide complete and adequate documentation may result in a delay in the process.


Student Request for Accommodations - To request an accommodation, please complete and submit the Student Request for Accommodation form.

Accessible Education Services Formal Grievance- This form should be completed and submitted for grievances concerning disability-related matters including, but not limited to, determinations of a request for accommodation, the provision of accommodations, or access to LMU facilities.

Accessible Education Services Grievance Appeal Request- This form should be used by students or employees to request an Appeal of an Accessible Educations Services Formal Grievance determination.