STATUS UPDATE: LMU to Complete the Semester Online, Will Not Hold Commencement Ceremonies
Lincoln Memorial University (LMU) President Clayton Hess has announced that LMU will complete the Spring 2020 semester online. LMU will not hold commencement ceremonies this spring. Degrees will be conferred on candidates that have completed degree requirements at the end of the semester.
- Online Classes – All seated lecture classes were moved online, effective March 16. The classes will continue in the online format through the end of the semester.
- Residence Halls – Students are requested to stay home and participate in online classes from their primary residence. We understand that this not possible for every student. If you live in a residence hall and you are not able to stay at home, you can register to remain on campus and essential services will be available. Residents who left campus without your belongings and would like to retrieve them must make an appointment with Residence Life to check out of the residence halls. Residents will not be allowed to retrieve their belongings without an assigned check out time. Residence Life will email the residents individually with more information, so please monitor your LMU inbox and MyLMU for important announcements. A residential resource guide is posted on the COVID-19 page on the LMU website for residents remaining on campus.
- University Events – All LMU events and gatherings have been canceled until further notice.
- Commencement Ceremonies – The University will not hold any commencement ceremonies for the spring semester. Degrees will be conferred on candidates that have completed degree requirements.
- Travel – All University sponsored employee and student travel has been suspended until further notice.
- University Facilities –The Harrogate City Park, Tex Turner Arena (for community walking), LMU Pool, LMU Wellness center and other facilities usually open to the public are now closed to the public. Chick-Fil-A and Campus Grounds (Starbucks) in the Student Center are open to the public with takeout service only. The Carnegie Vincent Library will remain open to students and employees.
- Offices – Employees will continue to report. Gatherings of personnel will be prohibited and employees are encouraged to utilize remote meeting technologies to facilitate meetings.
LMU will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and will provide updates to the LMU community as needed. A complete outline of University COVID-19 measures can be found here.
Lincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about the undergraduate and graduate programs available at LMU, contact the Office of Admissions at 423-869-6280 or email at [email protected].