CHEM 100 Introduction to Chemistry and Lab
CHEM 230 Environmental Chemistry and Lab
CHEM 331 Quantitative and Instrumental Analysis I and Lab
CHEM 332 Quantitative and Instrumental Analysis II and Lab
CHEM 451 Physical Chemistry I and Lab
CHEM 452 Physical Chemistry II and Lab
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia. 2001, Chemistry.
- Bachelor of Science, Murdoch University, Perth, Australia. 1995, Chemistry.
- Bachel of Science, Murdoch University, Perth, Australia. 1994, Chemistry.
- American Chemical Society (Analytical Division, Colloid & Surface Chemistry Division, Chemical Education Division).
- Use of atomic absorption spectrometry for environmental monitoring and heavy metal pollutants. I collaborate with students and faculty in Chemistry research projects, the Cumberland Mountain Research Center, and the Department of Biology. Carry out measurements of metals in stream waters, seawater sample, seagrass samples, and soil samples.
- Educational research: development of experiments and manuals for upper-level chemistry undergraduates (analytical chemistry and physical chemistry). Recently worked with a Chemistry Seminar student to develop a new laboratory exercise to utilize the electrochemistry apparatus.
- Colloid and surface chemistry: Have been refining a home-made convective assembly apparatus to create thin films of colloidal particles like silica on surfaces. I have also a historical interest in the electrostatics of mixed ionic/nonionic micelles.