Dr. Randy Evans serves as the CVM Associate Dean of Career Services and Professional
Development. In 1989, he joined LMU full-time as the Director of the Veterinary Technology
Program while still working part-time at Harrogate Hospital for Animals. Dr. Evans
has the equivalent of thirteen years of mixed-animal veterinary clinical experience.
In 2003, Dr. Evans was named Chair of the Allied Health Department and in 2007, he became the Founding Dean of the School of Allied Health Sciences. In 2010, Dr. Evans began work on the establishment of the LMU College of Veterinary Medicine.
Dr. Evans is a Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC) and loves to create opportunities for current students and alumni to obtain knowledge concerning veterinary careers and then to coach them through the career development process. His current main teaching efforts are focused within the CVM Professional Life Skills Program. In 2000, he was awarded the LMU Houston Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- DVM, Auburn University
- Pre-veterinary curriculum & Animal Science major, University of Kentucky
Honors & Awards
- Houston Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2000
- Phi Zeta Veterinary Honor Society, Member, 2019
- Omicron Delta Kappa, National Honor Society, 2016
- Mace Bearer, LMU-CVM Commencement, 2018, 2019