1. To facilitate the development and dissemination of innovative teaching techniques in veterinary medical education.
2. To promote the adoption of educational methods that reduce, replace and refine animal usage while enhancing or maintaining current skills training methods.
3. To offer advanced training and continuing education for current and prospective veterinary educators.
4. To provide and coordinate research opportunities in veterinary medical education.
5. To enhance collaboration among veterinary colleges, industry stakeholders, and future employers to advance developments in the field of veterinary education.