In order to gain admission to the Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine, prospective applicants must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge base of professional, personal, and academic development in pursuit of an education and career in the field of veterinary medicine.
Because there are more qualified applicants than space permits each year, applicants are selected from a variety of factors, including their academic grade point average, animal and veterinary experience, letters of recommendation, essays, leasdership, and interviews.
· Mid-May to Mid-September: Applicants complete and submit all materials required for VMCAS and LMU-CVM Supplemental applications. All deadlines correspond with VMCAS deadlines, and admission applications are processed as they are received.
· September-October: Applications are verified and interview invitations extended.
· May-October: CASPer assessments
· October-January: Interviews occur. Interview plans will be communicated to applicants by email. Interviews may be altered from traditional procedure during the COVID pandemic.
· Mid-December: early admissions offers extended
· After the conclusion of interviews, official correspondence is distributed, notifying all candidates of one of the following:
o Placed on the alternate list
o Declined admission for this application cycle
· April 15: Deadline for offers to communicate their admission decision.
· May: Final transcript evaluations and permanent records prepared by Admissions Office.
· February-March: Counseling for unsuccessful applicants with the Director of Admissions available.
· June 30: Final transcripts for accepted students are due.
Below you will find the application materials required for the LMU-CVM Class of 2025. Prior to applying, we highly encourage all applicants to review the requirements to be considered for admission.