In order to gain admission to the Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine, prospective applicants must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge base of professional, personal, and academic development in pursuit of an education and career in the field of veterinary medicine.
Because there are more qualified applicants than space permits each year, applicants are selected from a variety of factors, including their academic grade point average, animal and veterinary experience, letters of recommendation, essays, leasdership, and interviews.
· Mid-May to Mid-September: Applicants complete and submit all materials required for VMCAS and LMU-CVM Supplemental applications. All deadlines correspond with VMCAS deadlines, and admission applications are processed as they are received.
· September to October: Applications are verified and interview invitations extended.
· May to Mid-September: CASPer assessment exams are open; the final date for taking the exam will be September 15th in alignment with the VMCAS deadline.
This year, CASPer assessment exam dates are as follows:
May 20th 5pm
June 3rd 5pm
June 17th 5pm
June 29th 5pm
July 8th 5pm & 8pm
July 18th 1pm & 4pm
July 29th 8pm
August 10th 5pm & 8pm
August 22nd 1pm & 4pm
September 9th 5pm & 8pm
September 23rd 8pm
· October to January: Interviews occur. Interview plans will be communicated to applicants by email. Interviews may be altered from traditional procedure during the COVID pandemic.
· Mid-December: Early acceptance offers are extended.
· January: Acceptance offers continue. Official transcripts for Fall semester are due for submission to the admissions office by January 31st.
· After the conclusion of interviews, official correspondence, typically in mid-February, is distributed notifying all candidates of one of the following:
o Acceptance Offer
o Placement on Waitlist
o Declined admission for this application cycle
· February to March: Individual application reviews begin, counseling for unsuccessful applicants is available with the LMU-CVM Office of Admissions.
· April 15: Decisions pertaining to acceptance offers are due to the respective institutions.
· June 30: Official transcripts for Spring semester are due for submission to the admissions office.
Below you will find the application materials required for the LMU-CVM Class of 2025. Prior to applying, we highly encourage all applicants to review the requirements to be considered for admission.