In order to gain admission to the Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine, prospective applicants must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge base of professional, personal, and academic development in pursuit of an education and career in the field of veterinary medicine.
Because there are more qualified applicants than space permits each year, applicants are selected from a variety of factors, including their academic grade point average, animal and veterinary experience, letters of recommendation, essays, leasdership, and interviews.
· Mid-May to Mid-September: Applicants complete and submit all materials required for VMCAS and LMU-CVM Supplemental applications. All deadlines correspond with VMCAS deadlines, and admission applications are processed as they are received.
· September to October: Applications are verified and interview invitations extended.
· May to Mid-September: CASPer assessment exams are open; the final date for taking the exam will be September 15th in alignment with the VMCAS deadline.
· October to January: Interviews occur. Interview plans will be communicated to applicants by email. Interviews may be altered from traditional procedure during the COVID pandemic.
· Mid-December: Early acceptance offers are extended.
· January: Acceptance offers continue. Official transcripts for Fall semester are due for submission to the admissions office by January 31st.
· After the conclusion of interviews, official correspondence is distributed notifying all candidates of one of the following:
o Acceptance Offer
o Placement on Waitlist
o Declined admission for this application cycle
· February to March: Counseling for unsuccessful applicants with the Director of Admissions available.
· April 15: Decisions pertaining to acceptance offers are due to the respective institutions.
· June 30: Official transcripts for Spring semester are due for submission to the admissions office.
Below you will find the application materials required for the LMU-CVM Class of 2025. Prior to applying, we highly encourage all applicants to review the requirements to be considered for admission.