Faculty and Staff of Institutes of Higher Education
In support of Lincoln Memorial University’s mission to advance educational and research opportunities throughout the Appalachian region, a number of scholarship are available to full-time faculty and staff of local institutes of higher education:
- Chattanooga State Community College full time faculty and staff receive a 25% tuition scholarship for all School of Education Graduate Programs offered on the campus of Chattanooga State Community College.
- All Private and Community Colleges in the Appalachian Region receive a 25% tuition scholarship for Executive Leadership and Higher Education Doctor of Education concentrations for their full time faculty and staff.
- Duncan School of Law full time faculty and staff are invited to apply for the Executive Leadership and Higher Education Doctor of Education concentrations with a 25% tuition scholarship.
- Walters State Community College full time faculty and staff receive a 25% tuition scholarship for all School of Education Graduate Programs offered on the campus of Walters State Community College.
Public School and Central Office Faculty and Staff
For more than one hundred years, the Carter and Moyers School of Education has demonstrated a strong commitment to our local public school leaders, teachers, and administrators. The following scholarships are available to our public school colleagues so that they may participate in the affordable, conveniently scheduled, quality graduate education programs Lincoln Memorial University has to offer:
- Claiborne County Schools full time faculty and staff (both school and central office level) receive a 25% tuition scholarship for all Doctor of Education concentrations.
LMU is committed to the principles and practices of education that recognize and celebrate diversity as an essential ingredient to its successes. In order to continue to achieve diversity as a core value at LMU, the following scholarships are available to students from an ethnically diverse background:
- Lincoln Memorial University undergraduate campus residents from an ethnically diverse background may be eligible for a Diversity Grant of $3,000 (after application of other aid) per student for use toward room and board expenses as well as on-campus tuition. Grade point average, activities, and leadership qualities are all criteria which are considered in the selection of students identified to receive this grant.
- The O.O. Howard Minority Teacher Scholarship celebrates the educational legacy of Lincoln Memorial University founder General Oliver Otis Howard who, before chartering LMU, established more than forty schools for the education of former slaves and mountain youth. One of these schools included Chattanooga’s first institution for public education, The Howard School. Now, diverse full time faculty and staff of any Hamilton County, Tennessee school receive a 10% tuition scholarship for any of Lincoln Memorial University’s graduate education programs.
Lincoln Memorial University strives to give students a foundation for a more productive life by upholding the principles of Abraham Lincoln's life: a dedication to individual liberty, responsibility, and improvement. To help put a graduate education degree within the reach of recent graduates, the following scholarships are available:
- National Institute for School Leadership Program (NISL) Graduates receive course credit toward all Doctor of Education concentrations. NISL graduates with a Master of Education receive fifteen credits toward degree completion, and those with an Educational Specialist degree receive six doctoral credits toward completion of a 48-hour degree.
- Phi Theta Kappa is the world's largest and most prestigious honor society for two-year college students. Members are eligible for 50% tuition scholarship for any of LMU’s undergraduate programs.
- Tusculum University graduates are invited for an interview and, if accepted, receive a 25% tuition scholarship for Executive Leadership, Human Resource Development and Higher Education Doctor of Education concentrations.
Residents of Bordering States
The historical Harrogate campus of Lincoln Memorial University is nestled in the Cumberland Gap region of East Tennessee. This beautiful, natural break in the Appalachian Mountains was the first great gateway to the west and provided an important early route into the wilderness of Kentucky and beyond. In tribute to this legacy and in support of LMU’s mission to advance life throughout the Appalachian region, the following scholarships are available:
- President’s Scholarship for New Doctoral Candidates from Bordering States: Beginning Fall 2016 new doctoral applicants who reside in Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia are eligible for a 20% tuition scholarship toward any concentration within the Doctor of Education Program. No application is necessary for renewal.
Carter & Moyers School of Education Professional Certification and Licensure Disclaimer
Authorization for the University to provide a program for the preparation of teachers, counselors or administrators does not guarantee eligibility for certification, licensure or benefits. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to be knowledgeable about state-specific requirements for certification/licensure/benefits, and/or qualifications for certification, licensure or benefits and to apply for the same.
For Alabama Students: Alabama Commission on Higher Education Disclaimer Statement
State authorization to provide a program related to the preparation of teachers or other P-12/school/system personnel does not indicate eligibility for an Alabama certificate. Applicants for an Alabama certificate based on reciprocity must meet Alabama’s test requirements and submit a valid, renewable professional educator certificate/license issued by another state at the degree level, grade level and in the teaching field or area of instructional support for which an Alabama certificate is sought and for which Alabama issues a certificate. Applicants for Alabama certification in an area of administration must also document at least three years of full-time employment as an administrator in a P-12 school system(s). www.alsde.edu.