Mission and Goals
The mission of the Lincoln Memorial University Doctor of Medical Science program is to equip experienced clinicians and medical educators with evidence-based, advanced medical knowledge and skills to meet the needs of primary care, to develop leaders in the medical profession, and to promote scholarship, mentorship and discipline-specific expertise.
The DMS program seeks to achieve this mission by focusing on these goals:
- Attract high-quality medical and education specialists who are experts in their field.
- Promote and model the highest standard of professionalism, mentorship and moral values.
- Employ the most effective technologies for teaching.
- Advance each student’s medical knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Leverage each student’s current clinical practice and collaborate with the supervising physician to ensure student competency achievement.
- Be a leader in evolving medical education effectiveness and strategies.
- Ensure program quality meets traditional medical education standards until programmatic accreditation exists.