Mission and Goals
The mission of the Lincoln Memorial University Doctor of Medical Science degree is to equip post-professional clinicians with evidence-based, advanced clinical and educational skills to meet the needs of primary care, to develop leaders in the medical profession, and to promote scholarship, mentorship and discipline-specific expertise.
The DMS program seeks to achieve this mission by focusing on the following goals
- Attracting high-quality medical specialist who are experts in their field.
- Promoting the highest standard of professionalism and moral values.
- Modeling leadership and mentorship among the students.
- Employing the most up-to-date technology for teaching.
- Advancing the student clinician’s critical thinking skills and medical knowledge.
- Leveraging the student’s current clinical practice and collaboration with the supervising physician.