The Office of Student Services and Admissions established the LMU-CVM Student Ambassador program in the fall of 2014.
Student Ambassadors are representatives of the veterinary medicine student body at the Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine and are vital to the success of the Office of Student Services and Admissions.
Ambassadors promote and participate in student events, recruiting activities, meet with prospective students and their guests, conduct tours and assist Student Services and Admissions with various events held throughout the semester.
First, second, and third year students are eligible to complete an Ambassador applicant for review at the beginning of each semester.
Benefits of being a LMU-CVM Student Ambassador include giving back to the college, meeting prospective students, widening their communication and leadership skills, creating friendships and strengthening their Resume.
We are looking for:
- Strong leadership qualities
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- School loyalty and pride
- Enthusiasm and creativity
- Demonstrated Initiative
- Team member
- Ability to address a diverse group of people
Student Ambassador Expectations:
Complete a minimum of 10 hours each semester of any of the following:
- Participation during Orientation during the Fall semester and Interview Days
- Assist with tours
- Attending at least 1 Student Ambassador meeting
- Regularly, timely responses to emails
- Academic excellence - students must maintain at least a cumulative 2.75 GPA
- Attend mandatory program training
- Dress professionally when representing the University (business casual, white coat, name tag)
- Be knowledge about the LMU-CVM
- Serve as a positive role model for CVM students
Application information is sent out via class email at the beginning of each semester.