The DVM/MBA program is a cooperative venture between the Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine and the School of Business at Lincoln Memorial University. This dual degree program gives highly motivated and academically qualified veterinary medical students the opportunity to pursue DVM and MBA degrees simultaneously. Both programs can be completed in four academic years, in less time than it would ordinarily take if the degrees were completed separately.
The program is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the business principles that are useful to veterinarians who participate in the business aspects of medical practice. The program blends medical and business training to provide a basis for the ability to capably manage and coordinate medical practices and other business endeavors in a highly competitive, heavily regulated and constantly changing environment.
Why the DVM/MBA Program?
- The DVM/MBA Program is designed for LMU-CVM students who desire to obtain a thorough understanding of the business principles that are found to be useful to veterinarians who participate in the business of medicine. The program will equip students with a broad foundation in management, marketing, finance, economics and accounting.
- The LMU MBA program focuses on the application of knowledge to real world business situations, while always stressing the roles of leadership and management in an ever-changing business climate.
- The School of Business strives to provide a flexible curriculum for dually enrolled MBA students by offering the required foundational courses during summer terms, and by offering the additional core and elective courses in both traditional and online formats.
How to Apply
- Applicants must be accepted into LMU-CVM, and either be set to begin, or have just completed, their first year of veterinary medical studies.
- Applicants who have not yet begun their veterinary medical studies must have cumulative and science GPAs of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Applicants who have successfully completed their first year of veterinary medical school must be in good academic standing with CVM, and must have a GPA of at least 3.00 with no grades being below a ‘C’. Ongoing enrollment in the dual MBA program is contingent upon maintaining satisfactory standing in the CVM program.
- All applicants must complete the dual degree MBA program application, pay the application fee, provide an updated CV or resume, and submit essay questions given by the School of Business. Letters of recommendation and transcripts will be the same as those used for CVM.
- Deadline for receipt of completed applications for the DVM/MBA program is May 1 of the year in which the student intends to start the program. Applicants will be notified of their admissions decision by May 15.
- The first semester of coursework for the DVM/MBA will take place during the summer term.
For more information about addition Master's degrees offered at LMU, click here.