Completed Bachelor Degree
- Degree must have been awarded from an institution with regional accreditation or equivalent
verification in the case of international degrees.
- An international degree must follow university policies in existence for certifying
international degrees and/or credit.
Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher on a four (4)-point scale
- Entrance interview may be required if one or more requirements are not met.
Minimum Undergraduate Coursework
- Two courses that focused on the U.S. Federal Government, State and Local Government,
or any equivalent courses focused on the three branches of government.
- Recommended undergraduate coursework: courses about government structure, policymaking, administration, and budgeting.
Letters of Reference
- Two letters of reference from the applicant’s undergraduate instructors or one letter
from an instructor and one from a professional source are required.
- Prospective students must submit an essay detailing the student’s purpose for applying
to the LMU Master of Public Administration program, relevant skills, qualification,
preparation, and a statement of goals after completing the program.
- A maximum of nine (9) graduate credit hours or its equivalent of graduate work closely
related to the MPA degree will be allowed in transfer by approval of the AHSS Graduate