MEd CI, IL, and EL Admissions
To inquire about this program:
Veronika Dillow| 800.325.0900, ext. 7057 | veronika.dillow@LMUnet.edu
Kay Lewis | 800.325.0900, ext. 7068 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The admission requirements for the Master of Education degree are a two-step process.
Level One: Admission to Graduate Studies
- Complete and submit program application
- Submit $50 non-refundable application fee
- Request 2 official transcripts for your Bachelor’s Degree
- Request 2 official transcripts for any coursework since your Bachelor’s Degree
- Submit all documents to:
- Graduate Education Department
- 6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
- Harrogate, TN 37752
- The IL Candidate Notebook Portfolio and Candidate Interview must be approved prior to registration
Level Two Program Admittance (Before completion of 9 Credit Hours or December 2016):
- Application for Degree Candidacy – (will be enclosed with Level 1 Acceptance Letter)
- Appropriate admissions scores for CI and EL majors (within the last 5 years) from one of the following tests:
- IL Candidate Admission Portfolio, Candidate Admission Interview, and SLLA exit test are required for IL majors in place of admission test requirements above plus
- IL Candidates holding a special area license (such as school counseling) must take and pass the appropriate Principals of Learning & Teaching (PLT). See http://www.ets.org/praxis Contact Kay Lewis in the graduate office if you have questions.
- Three Recommendation Forms – (will be enclosed with your Level 1 Acceptance Letter) for EL and CI.
- Advisor-approved Program of Study – (will be provided in class)
Candidate Portfolio Requirements
- Copy of current teacher license
- Evidence of three years successful educational experience
- Copy of most recent performance appraisal
- Copy of current professional development plan
- Evidence of ability to improve student achievement and also demonstrate leadership in coaching other teachers to raise achievement
- Evidence of knowledge about curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- A personal statement of career goals and how the preparation program would assist the candidate in reaching those goals
- Recommendation as stated in each partnership agreement
- Evidence that describes qualities of collaboration, cooperation, and relationship building
- Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills Candidates may select additional information to be included in the portfolio to demonstrate leadership potential. The portfolio should be submitted to the graduate office (two paper copies).
Successful completion of all course requirements
- School Leadership Licensure Assessment (SLLA) (IL Majors only)
- Comprehensive Examination (CI and EL Majors only) see graduate catalog for examination information.
- Intent to Graduate Form
- $150 Graduation Fee