Questions and comments may be directed to:
Nikki Lockhart, Director of Social Networking| 423.869.6270 | [email protected]
Lincoln Memorial University supports use of blogs and social networking sites* by
University departments/programs. Users must recognize that:
- All information posted on a University department/program blog and/or social networking
site must: be in compliance with the LMU 's Acceptable Use Policy (outlined in the
faculty/staff policy manual and student handbooks) and all other University policies,
follow acceptable social behaviors and comply with federal and state regulations.
- If an activity on a social networking site is reported as violating University policy
as outlined in the appropriate handbook, it will be investigated and handled according
to the disciplinary process.
- University department/program blogs and social networking websites/pages created in
the University's name are representatives of Lincoln Memorial University and therefore
subject to the guidelines, policies and branding of the LMU. Adherence to the University
style manual is mandatory.
- University representatives can and do monitor these web sites regularly. LMU reserves
the right to disable, change or modify University department/program blog and or social
networking sites if University policies are not followed.
- Personal blogs identifying a person as an LMU employee or student should have clear
disclaimers that the views expressed by the author in the blog is the author’s alone
and do not represent the views of the University. Sample disclaimer: This is my personal account and the content included here does not represent the
opinions of my employer.
- Be respectful of the University, faculty, staff, students and University constituents.
- Information published on University department/program or personal blogs and social
networking sites shall comply with the University’s confidentiality and HIPPA policies.
Information which is confidential and proprietary to the University shall not be posted.
These restrictions also apply to comments posted on other blogs, forums and social
- Respect copyright laws and reference or cite sources appropriately. All official University
department/program blogs and/or social networking sites must include this disclosure
statement: This is an officially recognized entity of Lincoln Memorial University.
Any questions about content can be directed to the Office of Public Relations and
Marketing. When considering creating a University department/program blog and/or social
networking site, users are asked to contact the director of social networking for
assistance in setting up the page to match the look and feel of the University branding
and web site. Additionally all official University department/program blogs and/or
social networking sites must be registered with the director of social networking,
who should be added as an admin (where available).
*Social networking sites include, but are not limited to: Facebook, Myspace, Twitter,
Youtube, Flickr, LinkedIn, etc. A violation of this policy may result in disciplinary
action up to and including termination. For any questions about these guidelines or
any matter related to web postings, please contact the Department of Human Resources.
The above policy should not be interpreted to restrict or interfere with your federal
or state labor law rights, or any whistleblower protections under federal or state