LMU Master of Public Administration (MPA) - Admissions Requirements
Completed Bachelor Degree
- Degree must have been awarded from an institution with regional accreditation or equivalent verification in the case of international degrees.
- An international degree must follow university policies in existence for certifying international degrees and/or credit.
Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher on a four (4)-point scale
- Entrance interview may be required if one or more requirements are not met.
- Preferred: Two or more courses that focus on the U.S. Federal Government, State and Local Government, or any equivalent courses focused on the three branches of government; courses about government structure, policymaking, administration, and budgeting.
Letters of Reference
- Two letters of reference from the applicant’s undergraduate instructors or one letter from an instructor and one from a professional source are required.
- Prospective students must submit an essay detailing the student’s purpose for applying to the LMU Master of Public Administration program, relevant skills, qualification, preparation, and a statement of goals after completing the program.
- A maximum of nine (9) graduate credit hours or its equivalent of graduate work closely related to the MPA degree will be allowed in transfer by approval of the AHSS Graduate Admissions Committee.