LMU-DCOM Class of 2021 Commencement
You are almost a doctor! We are proud of each and every one of your accomplishments and look forward to celebrating your Commencement Day with you.
The LMU-DCOM Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2021 will debut online at 10 a.m. on Saturday, May 15, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to fill out an intent to graduate?No, all graduates have already provided the information needed via DCOM’s commencement information form.
- Where can I order commencement invitations? DCOM commencement invitations are available for purchase through Herff Jones at orderhj.com/lmudcom
- When will we receive the regalia & when do we return?The timeline for regalia shipment is scheduled by March 20, 2021 and the regalia must be returned within two weeks after commencement date.
- What is the cost of purchasing regalia?The estimated cost to purchase regalia is $566.00.
- Is attendance at the in-person commencement ceremony required?Attendance at the in-person commencement ceremony is optional, not required. Please fill out the Qualtrics survey at https://lmu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1zSOdVTTJcyfcF0 to let us know if you plan to attend the in-person ceremony or not. Also in this survey, you may indicate your interest in attending a possible in-person ACLS training.
- What time does the in-person ceremony start and what time do we need to be there?Commencement will begin at 10 am EST and all graduates will be required to arrive at Tex Turner Arena by no later than 9 am.
- How many guests may attend the ceremony?There is no restriction on guests at the in-person ceremony. However, seating will be limited due to social distancing and three seats must be left between groups.
- Will there be a processional?The ceremony will be modified to continue social distancing efforts and mitigate virus spread. Due to mitigation efforts, there will be no processional.
- How will awards and military commissioning be done?There will be no separate awards ceremony or military commissioning ceremony. Award winners and military graduates will be announced during the commencement ceremony. Additional information on the commissioning process will be forthcoming to military graduates.
- May we have guest hooders?Due to social distancing efforts and to mitigate virus spread, there will be no guest hooders allowed. We have to significantly limit the number of people on stage.
- Will there be BLS/ACLS training offered during graduation week?The Center for IPE and Simulation will offer the BLS ($40)/ACLS ($125) recertification on 5/13-14, 2021 to the graduates who submitted interest through the above mentioned survey. The Center for IPE and Simulation will send more details including the registration link.
- Are there any mandatory in-person events during graduation week?There will be no mandatory in-person events leading up to graduation. Graduates will be required to complete 6 hours of OPP training, to be delivered virtually between now and commencement. The OPP department will be communicating with you about this requirement.
Class Rings and Invitations
Personal announcements can be ordered online through Herff Jones.