Thank you for your interest in transferring to the Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine. Please see the information below for applicant requirements, the admissions process, and policies regarding transfer applicants. After reviewing this information, please email [email protected] if questions arise.
The LMU-CVM accepts transfer students from AVMA COE accredited colleges only. Transfer student acceptances to LMU-CVM are granted based on holistic review of completed transfer applications, in addition to adherence to class size space and availability limitations.
Applicants seeking transfer admittance into the LMU-CVM are required to have at least two semesters of veterinary school completed. Due to necessary curriculum alignment and correlation, transfer admittance will not be granted to any applicants who have less than two completed semesters of veterinary school curriculum.
Transfer Applicant Requirements
In order to be considered for a transfer to the LMU-CVM, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be actively enrolled at an AVMA COE accredited college of veterinary medicine at the time of application and transfer
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA in veterinary school
- Meet all LMU-CVM pre-requisite coursework requirements
- Completed coursework from current veterinary program that is conducive to LMU-CVM
curriculum prior to the time of transfer
Required Application Materials
The following materials are required to be considered for a transfer:
- Complete and submit the LMU-CVM Transfer Application
- A letter of intent to transfer that includes a well-written explanation of the student’s reason(s) for requesting a transfer and an indication of the semester and year of the curriculum into which the transfer is requested.
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- A letter of character and academic reference (including class rank and overall GPA) from the Associate Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student desires the transfer.
- Three letters of reference from former instructors who are members of the faculty of the College of Veterinary Medicine from which the student wishes to transfer.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores (LMU-CVM’s code is 7576)
Please note that transcripts submitted directly by the applicant will not be considered
as official. Transcripts, letters of recommendation and GRE scores must be submitted
by their respective authors and institutions. These materials can be submitted electronicall
or via the physical address, both below.
Materials can mailed to:
Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine
Office of Student Services and Admissions
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
or emailed to: [email protected]
Applications for Spring Semester are due by November 1.
Applications for Fall Semester are due by April 1.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Approval of Transfer Request
All completed transfer applications will be reviewed by the LMU-CVM Admissions Committee. Under most circumstances, the decision will be based upon the following factors:
- The existence of an appropriate vacancy
- The approval of the transfer from the sending school
- The student’s reason(s) for requesting transfer
- The student’s academic performance
- The level of support communicated in the letters of reference
- The satisfaction of all CVM curricular requirements
Transfer applicants will be notified by LMU if their request to transfer is approved.