Commencement and Graduation Requirements
May 2018 Commencement Schedule
Thursday, May 17, 2018
4 P.M. EDT
|Venue||Knoxville Civic Auditorium
500 Howard Baker, Jr. Blvd.
Knoxville, Tennessee 37915
Parking: All graduates and guests can park in the parking garage directly across the street from the Knoxville Civic Auditorium.
- Graduation Checklist - 2014 Matriculation
- Graduation Checklist - 2015 Matriculation
- Graduation Checklist - 2016 Matriculation
- Graduation Checklist - 2017 Matriculation
In order to complete the requirements for the Doctor of Jurisprudence, a student must:
- Complete 90 credit hours with no more than 45 credit hours from another law school;
- Complete all required courses as defined in §XII.G.1. & XII.G.2. of the Student Handbook;
- Satisfy the upper-level writing requirement;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.000 or higher;
- Complete the program of legal studies in no fewer than 24 months and no more than 84 months from the commencement of study at LMU Law or any law school from which LMU Law has accepted transfer credit;
- Complete 30 hours of pro bono work after all required courses were completed, at least 10 of which must involve meaningful law-related service to persons of limited means or organizations that provide service thereto;
- Complete debt counseling, if the student has undergraduate or law school loans;
- Have no outstanding balance on any LMU or LMU Law account; and
- Order graduation attire and pay the graduation fee.