Commencement Schedule and Graduation Requirements
Spring 2017 Commencement Schedule
|Rehearsal||Friday, May 5, 2017
5:30 P.M. EDT
Room 340 @ LMU’s Duncan School of Law (Knoxville)
|Commencement||Saturday, May 6, 2017
11 A.M. EDT
|Venue||Lincoln Memorial University (Main Campus)
Tex Turner Arena
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, Tennessee 37752
DSOL graduates should report to the Hall of Fame Room on the lower level of the Tex Turner Arena by 9:00 A.M.
If you cannot attend in person, you can watch LIVE HERE http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lmu-special-events
PARKING: Parking at the Tex Turner Arena on LMU’s main campus in Harrogate is free.
The rear parking lot of the Arena is reserved for those who are working commencement (staff, band, color guard, sound/video, photographers, etc.), the platform party, and those with needs who require special accommodation.
If you require accommodation, please use the lower lot, and complete the form on the Graduation website (http://www.lmunet.edu/administration/registrar/graduation/special-accommodations-reservation ).
Faculty: Parking behind the arena is available on a first-come, first-served basis. You must show your faculty/staff ID to security. If parking behind the arena is not available after we account for all of the necessary reservations, you may be directed to park elsewhere.
Graduates, Students, and Guests: You will park in the upper level of the Arena near the front doors. The LMU Campus Shuttle will be running a regular route from the Museum Parking lot, to the Duke Hall Parking lot, past the DAR parking lot, through the Tex Turner Arena parking lot, and to the front doors of the arena.
- Graduation Checklist – 2015-2016 – Students Requiring 88 Hours to Graduate
- Graduation Checklist – 2015-2016 – Students Requiring 90 Hours to Graduate
In order to complete the requirements for the Doctor of Jurisprudence, a student must:
- Complete either 88 hours or 90 hours (depending on when you matriculated at LMU Law) with no more than 29 credit hours from another law school;
- Complete all required courses as defined in §XII.G.1. & XII.G.2. of the Student Handbook;
- Satisfy the upper-level writing requirement;
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.000 or higher;
- Complete the program of legal studies in no fewer than 24 months and no more than 84 months from the commencement of study at LMU Law or any law school from which LMU Law has accepted transfer credit;
- Complete 30 hours of pro bono work after all required courses were completed, at least 10 of which must involve meaningful law-related service to persons of limited means or organizations that provide service thereto;
- Complete debt counseling, if the student has undergraduate or law school loans;
- Have no outstanding balance on any LMU or LMU Law account; and
- Order graduation attire and pay the graduation fee.
Note: The credit hours needed to complete the requirements for a Doctor of Jurisprudence will change to 90 hours for students matriculating in Fall 2014 or later.