How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Create an FSA ID if you do not already have one. An FSA ID is required to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can create one here - https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- Complete the 2017-18 FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1, 2016 at www.fafsa.gov. Lincoln Memorial University’s federal school code is 003502.
For the first time ever, the FAFSA will use “prior-prior year” tax data instead of data from the prior year. To complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA, you will need your 2015 federal income tax return (or an estimate), W-2 forms, records of untaxed income, bank statements, investment information, etc. Retain these documents in a file so that they are readily available if requested at a later date by the DCOM Financial Services Office. If you are eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA, it is the easiest and most accurate way to provide your tax data.
As a graduate student, we do not require your parental information on the FAFSA.
- If you do not receive the results of your FAFSA (in the form of a Student Aid Report, or SAR) within a few days of submission, you should check the status of your application by selecting “Check Status of a Submitted FAFSA” under the FAFSA Follow-up section of the FAFSA home page. It is important that you review the information for accuracy and make corrections if necessary.
- If your FAFSA is flagged for verification by the federal processing center, you will receive a computer generated missing information letter from the Financial Aid Office notifying you of the information required to complete verification (such as a federal tax return transcript and a verification form). Since graduate students are no longer eligible for Subsidized Stafford Loans, we are waiving verification requirements that pertain to income and you may disregard the request.
- If your FAFSA is flagged for a reason other than verification, you must submit the requested documentation. An example would be documentation concerning your citizenship status. Submit documentation to Jonah Scent in the DCOM Office of Financial Services located in the DCOM Admissions/Student Services suite.
- You will receive an email notification when your financial aid award has been made. The email will contain instructions on accessing your awards on WebAdvisor. You should immediately go to your WebAdvisor account to review the amounts awarded under each loan program and accept or decline each award. Once this process is complete, be sure to click the “Submit” button. All loans will be awarded at maximum eligibility. If you want to borrow less than the amount awarded, send an email to email@example.com requesting the reduction.
- If you accept student loans, follow the instructions here - http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/schools/debusk-college-of-osteopathic-medicine/pa/financial-services/financial-aid-award-completion to complete your loan processing.
Jonah Scent, Financial Aid Officer
LMU-DCOM Financial Services Office
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
Office: 423.869.7096; 800.325.0900, ext. 7096