Who We Are
CIVET was established by the vanguard thinkers at Lincoln Memorial University (LMU) College of Veterinary Medicine to incite and support the dynamic improvement of veterinary education. CIVET is a diverse group that includes researchers investigating novel veterinary educational methods, disruptors of traditional didactic lectures, creators of models for clinical skill simulations and assessments, and front-line clinical educators. These CIVET investigators of change aim to find and share creative solutions to the modern challenges of delivering veterinary education.
- To facilitate the development and dissemination of innovative teaching techniques in veterinary medical education.
- To promote the adoption of educational methods that reduce, replace and refine animal usage while enhancing or maintaining current skills training methods.
- To offer advanced training and continuing education for current and prospective veterinary educators.
- To provide and coordinate research opportunities in veterinary medical education.
- To enhance collaboration among veterinary colleges, industry stakeholders, and future employers to advance developments in the field of veterinary education.