Here you can find a list of the scholarships available to LMU-CVM students. The listings are organized by the specific selection criteria of the scholarships. The number of scholarships, amounts awarded and number of recipients may vary from year to year. Included additionally are external scholarship opportunities such as scholarships offered by other professional organizations, states or national scholarship contests.
Each year interested students are given the opportunity to complete a scholarship application. All applications are reviewed by the LMU-CVM Scholarship Committee and awards are made, with the approval of the LMU Development Office, based on the quality of the application and the specific criteria of the available scholarships.
Kaitlyn DeVries CVM Memorial Scholarship
LMU-CVM Student Government Association and the Student Chapter of the American Veterinary MEdica Association with the support of Dean Johnson and LMU-CVM administration have established the Kaitlyn DeVries CVM Memorial Scholarship to ensure DeVries' legacy lives on at the school. Contributions to the scholarship can be made online at Kaitlyn DeVries Memorial Scholarship Donations or by contacting University Advancement at 423.869.6250
LMU-CVM Veterinary Scholarships
- LMU-College of Veterinary Medicine Annual Scholarship
- Glen HOffsis Annual CVM Scholarship
- Robert Henry Veterinary Anatomy Scholarship
- Edwin Robertson Memorial CVM Scholarship
- Jim Whitt Annual CVM Scholarship
- Jason W. and Jennifer T. Johnson Rural Appalachian Region Veterinary Scholarship
- KAitlyn DeVries Memorial CVM Scholarship
- Vidya Research Fund
- Bluegrass Animal Hospital Kaitlyn DeVries Scholarship
- The Arvilla Reproductive Memorial (ARM) Scholarship
- Snider Whitaker Endowed Scholarship
General Veterinary Scholarships
There are many non-LMU scholarships available throughout the academic year. Information is listed below for your reference and should not be considered complete. We encourage students to investigate their individual State of residence, Veterinary Industry, professional field of interest, and other topics to seek as many scholarships as possible. The deadlines of these specific scholarships vary, so it is up to the student to adhere to the deadline. These are scholarships that are sponsored by outside groups or organizations (the recipients are not chosen by the Scholarships and Awards Committee).
- AAVMC (Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges) information about scholarships, loan forgiveness, and repayment options
- AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) General Veterinary Scholarship information
- AVMF (American Veterinary Medical Foundation) Scholarships
- American Veterinary Medical History Society Scholarships
- Colonel Lee B. Ledford Scholarship
- F. Edward Hebert Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship
- SAVMA Awards, Competitions and Scholarships
- The American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) has opportunities for externships and extern scholarships
- The Candace Mast East Tennessee Female Veterinary Student Scholarship
- Zoetis Bovine Scholarship (Deadline January 22nd 2016)
Students are strongly encouraged to apply for all scholarships in which they meet the minimum requirements. Some of these scholarships can drastically reduce your debt load!