Clinical Affiliates FAQs
What is required of LMU-CVM Clinical Affiliate Partners?
- A commitment to teaching and lifelong learning
- A sincere desire to give back to future colleagues
- A quality environment with a varied and busy case load that emphasizes a team approach
- An ability to fairly evaluate students and provide timely and constructive feedback
- For affiliates delivering core curriculum (secondary instruction sites), completion of initial and follow-up LMU-CVM adjunct faculty training
What’s in it for LMU-CVM Clinical Affiliate Partners?
- Opportunity to share passion, skills, and knowledge with future veterinarians and university faculty
- Gain intellectual stimulation by learning from students, LMU-CVM faculty, and other affiliate partners on the latest veterinary findings
- Opportunity to showcase Clinical Affiliate Partner practice in the community as one of a small and exclusive group with membership in the LMU-CVM Hybrid Distributed Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Gain access to university faculty, training, teaching and reference resources
- An opportunity to share, learn and grow as a Clinical Affiliate team
- Remuneration for professional contributions and costs associated with clinical education available for affiliates delivering core curriculum (secondary instructional sites) within selected geographic regions, Specialty Boarded Veterinary practitioners and those site offering selected clinical experiences.
What’s in it for LMU?
- Attract the best students
- Motivate and inspire the best educators
- Excite and engage all stakeholders, including employers
- Empower graduates to contribute to societal needs
Find Out More
- Clinical Affiliate Criteria
- LMU-CVM Clinical Affiliate Interest Form – Contact LMU-CVM Clinical Program
- Clinical Affiliate Brochure
- Veterinary Fact Sheet
- Clinical Partner Newsletter