In order to complete the requirements for the Doctor of Jurisprudence, a student must:
- Complete at least 88 credit hours, with no more than 29 credit hours from another law school.
- Complete all required courses as defined by the Student Handbook in § XII.G1 & XII.G.2.
- Satisfy the upper-level writing requirement.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.000 or higher.
- Complete the program of legal studies in no fewer than twenty-four (24) months and no more than eighty-four (84) months from the commencement of study at the Duncan School of Law or any law school from which the Duncan School of Law has accepted transfer credit.
- Complete 30 hours of pro bono work after all required courses were completed, at least 10 of which must involve meaningful law-related service to persons of limited means or organizations that provide service thereto.
- Complete debt counseling, if the student has undergraduate or law school loans.
- Have no outstanding balance on any LMU or DSOL account.
- Order Graduation Attire and pay the Graduation Fee.