The Director of Foundations works to secure private support for university priorities by fostering relationships with private foundations, corporations and corporate foundations. As part of University Advancement, the Director enables all faculty and staff to identify and coordinate activities with corporations and foundations to secure support for research, academic and outreach projects. All private foundation and corporate grant proposals must be submitted through University Advancement and the Director of Foundations. The Director then works in conjunction with the Office of Research, Grants and Special Projects and the Finance Department to manage the grant process, develop appropriate foundation/University relations and steward gifts.
The Director of Foundations:
- Encourages and manages the identification, cultivation and solicitation of corporate and foundation partners capable of making a gift to LMU
- Coordinates relationships between members of the university community and our corporate and foundation contacts
- Provides research assistance and resources and offers strategic guidance on prospect identification, solicitation and the development of proposals and stewardship reports
- Reviews, edits and assists in the development of proposals and letters of intent/inquiry
- Facilitates processing of the ORGSP Proposal Routing and Approval Form
- Ensures that funding requests and related reports are submitted in a timely and professional manner
- Coordinates the stewardship of corporate and foundation gifts
Martha Scheidler, Director of Foundations
Researchs and identifies foundations whose funding parameters are compatible with the mission and needs of the University; assists faculty and staff in identifying private foundations with funding interests which align with their current projects; and prepares foundation proposals for submission.