Dr. Jack McCann
, Adjunct Faculty
Alt Phone: 865.585.8874
Office: 106 Business-Education Building
PhD, Organization and Management (Specialization in Leadership), Capella University, 2007.
MA, Organizational Management, Tusculum College, 2002.
BBA, Administrative Management, Eastern Kentucky University, 1984.
MS, Marketing (In-Progress), Golden Gate University, expected completion spring 2013.
Post Graduate Work:
Certificate of Achievement for completion of Executive Leadership Strategies, March 2012; Certificate of Achievement for completion of Team Leadership in Effective Leadership, March 2012; Certificate of Achievement for completion of Executive Education in Effective Leadership, February 2012; University of Notre Dame-Mendoza College of Business.
Lean Mastery Certificate, University of Akron, 2004.
Phlebotomy for the Healthcare Worker Certificate, Southeast Community and Technical College, 2005.
Research and Teaching Areas
Textile and Apparel
- (Paper) Sustainable Leadership: A Manufacturing Employee Perspective
- Co-authored with Dr. Roger Holt. This paper was presented by Dr. McCann at the Society for Advancement of Management International Business Conference held in Orlando, Florida, on March 31-April 3, 2011. Published in Society for Advancement of Management (Advanced Management Journal), Vol. 76, No. 4, 2011, pp. 4-14.
- (Article) Benchmarking a leadership model for the green economy
- Co-authored with Dr. Daryl Green. Published in Benchmarking: an International Journal, Vol. 18, Issue 3, 2011 pp. 445-465.
- (Article) China’s textile and apparel industry and the global market: Five competitive forces
- Published in the SAM Advanced Management Journal Vol. 76, No. 1, Winter 2011.
Article also presented at the spring 2010 Society for the Advancement of Management International Conference at Arlington, VA, and this is published in the conference proceedings.
- (Article) The Chinese competitive advantage
- Publication in the International Journal of Sustainable Strategic Management (IJSSM) Vol. 3 No. 1, 2011, pp. 1-12. (Inderscience). DOI: 10.1504/IJSSM.2011.040776.
- (Paper) Ethical Leadership and Organizations: An Analysis Based on the Perceived Leadership Integrity Scale
- Co-authored with Dr. Roger Holt. The original paper was available online in September 2008 at "www.springerlink.com" and the online publication is the first official publication of this paper. DOI number 10.1007/s10551-008-9880-3. The paper was published in volume 87, issue 2, June (III) 2009.
This paper was originally presented at the 2008 Society for the Advancement of Management International Conference Presentation at Arlington, VA, and published in the conference proceedings.
- (Paper) Leadership in the apparel manufacturing environment: An Analysis Based on the Multi-factor Leadership Questionnaire
- 2008 Society for the Advancement of Management International Conference presentation and published in the conference proceedings.
The paper was also published in the Autumn 2008 Edition of the SAM Advanced Management Journal, Volume 73, Number 4.