Dr. Anna Teekell
, Assistant Professor of English
Office: 105 Avery Hall
PhD, English Literature, Washington University in Saint Louis, 2011
MPhil, Anglo-Irish Literature, Trinity College, University of Dublin, 2003
BA, English & Creative Writing, Rhodes College, 2001
Research and Teaching Areas
Twentieth-Century British and Irish Literature
Irish Literature and Culture
Literature of the First and Second World Wars
Postcolonial Literature and Theory
Contemporary Irish Literature
- (Article) Elizabeth Bowen’s Language at War.
- New Hibernia Review 15.3 September, 2011.
- (Article) ‘No Abiding City’: Elizabeth Bowen and the Orphan Eva Trout.
- Founder to Shore: Crosscurrents in Irish and Scottish Studies. Eds. S. Alcobia-Murphy, L. Milligan, D. Wall. Aberdeen: Centre for Irish and Scottish Culture, 2010.
- (Honor) Adele Dalsimer Prize for Distinguished Dissertation, American Conference for Irish Studies, 2012.
- (Honor) Rotary Foundation International Ambassadorial Scholarship, 2001-2002.
- (Monograph in progress) Emergency Writing: Irish Literature and the Second World War.
- (Review) History of the Irish Short Story (Heather Ingman).
- Forthcoming in South Atlantic Quarterly, Fall 2012.