Dr. Ann M. Callahan
, Associate Professor of Social Work
Alt Phone: 865.250.8078
PhD, Social Work, University of Tennessee, 2004
MS, Social Work, University of Tennessee, 1997
BFA, Illustration Design, University of Tennessee, 1993
Research and Teaching Areas
The spiritual dimensions of the therapeutic relationship with an emphasis on hospice social work.
Orientation to Practice
Social Welfare History
Social Welfare Policy
Human Behavior in the Social Environment
Practice with Individuals
Practice with Groups and Families
Practice with Organizations and Communities
Human Diversity and Social Justice
Spirituality and Health Care
(Article) Ram veterinary social work: How undergraduate social workers can make a difference
- Journal of Baccalaureate Social Work.
- (Article) A qualitative exploration of spiritually-sensitive hospice care
- Journal of Social Service Research, 38(2), 144-155.
- (Article) Spiritually-sensitive care in hospice social work
- Journal of Social Work in End-of-Life and Palliative Care, 5(3-4), 199-215.
- (Article) Growing through organizational change
- Families in Society, 90(3), 329-33.
- (Article) Coming-out at work: A spiritual journey
- Reflections: Narratives of Professional Helping, 15(2), 54-59.
- (Article) Social work students’ images of god
- Co-authored with Faver, C. A. and Cox, M. E. Social Thought, 22(4), 53-74.