Initial Teacher Licensure Undergraduate, Master of Education in Initial Teacher Licensure, School Counseling and Instructional Leadership degrees lead to licensure in the state of Tennessee. Students who have completed all program requirements and are ready to apply for licensure need to download the appropriate application packets and return them to Erin Brock, Director of Licensure and Testing, once completed. Students applying for licensure must provide Erin Brock with 1 official copy of LMU transcript with completed coursework. Students may either list Erin Brock as a pick-up person and submit request form in packet or enclose a personal, sealed copy of the official transcript in the application packet.
Documents needed for Licensure
- Initial Teacher Licensure – UG – Files: Initial application, transcript request form, certification information form and instructions
- MEDITL – Files: Initial application, transcript request form, certification information form and instructions
- Instructional Leadership Files: ILL-B application, experience verification form, transcript request form, instructions
- School Counseling – Files: Initial Application, transcript request form and instructions
- Application to Advance Degree –ALL – Files: Application, transcript request form and instructions
There are 2 phases of testing required in Teacher Licensure programs at LMU. The first phase is pre-admission testing. The second phase of testing includes the state required content knowledge Praxis II exam required for licensure.
Students wishing to enter either the Undergraduate or Master’s Initial Teacher Licensure program are required to submit pre-admission test scores. Initial Teacher Licensure students may submit either ACT, SAT, or the Praxis Core Academic Skills or Educators (CASE) scores less than 5 years old and meet minimum score requirements.
- ACT =22
- SAT = 1020
- CASE =
- Reading = 156
- Math = 150
- Writing = 162
Students who are taking the CASE exam for the first time should register for the combined test code 5751.
Click on the link below to see the current Praxis requirements for Tennessee.
- Link to required testing: http://www.tennessee.gov/education/licensing/praxis.shtml or http://www.ets.org/praxis/tn/requirements/
- Link to Available Testing Centers and Test Dates
- Link to Register for Praxis Test:
- Link to ETS study materials:
- Link to ETS fee waiver:
When registering for an exam with ETS be sure to list TN Department of Education and LMU as score recipients.
LMU codes for Graduate tests
- LMU school code for Praxis = 1408
- LMU school code for ACT = 3982
- LMU school code for SAT = 1408
- LMU school code for GRE = 1408
- LMU School code for MAT=1745
Add-on Instructional Leadership Program
Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Leadership graduates who wish to earn Instructional Leadership Licensure may do so through the Instructional Leadership Add-On Licensure Program. To obtain information about admissions requirements contact Kay Lewis.
Once the add-on licensure program is completed, applications for TN licensure should be returned to Erin Brock, Director of Licensure and Testing for LMU recommendation and submission to the TN Office of Educator Licensing.