Master of Education Initial Teacher Licensure
To inquire about this program:
Jamie Rutland| 1.800.325.0900, ext 4116 | jamie.rutland@LMUnet.edu
Program Admission and Exit Requirements
-Admission to Program
- Program application
- Qualifying Test Scores (less than seven years old) - ACT (22), PRAXIS Core (Writing - 162 , Reading – 156, Math - 150), GRE, or MAT.
- University Transcript documenting 3.0 GPA in baccalaureate degree (2.75 eligible for appeal process).
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation background check
- Personal interview upon review of admission documents
- Praxis II Test Scores – Principles of Learning and Teaching & all Required Subject Area Tests
- University transcripts documenting all required coursework completed as outlined in the candidate’s individual program of study (minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Successfully complete all requirements for Enhanced Student Teaching – EDUC 591 (Two Placements – 16 Weeks Total)
- Pass the oral presentation and defense of Institutional Standards and Professional Teaching Standards
- Exit interview
- Exit survey