To inquire about this program:
Program Information | Kay Lewis| 800.325.0900, ext. 7068 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Information | Karen Bowling | 800.325.0900, ext. 7057 | email@example.com
The admission requirements for the Educational Specialist degree are a two-step process.
LEVEL ONE: Admission to advanced Graduate studies:
- the Application for Advanced Graduate Studies, with the required $50 application fee;
- official transcripts of master's degree coursework from an accredited institution.
To be admitted to Ed.S Studies, the student must submit:
The Dean of the School of Education approves admission to Advanced Graduate Studies.
LEVEL TWO: Admission to degree candidacy:
- the Application for Degree Candidacy for the Educational Specialist degree;
- an advisor-approved program of study (to be completed during the first semester of course work).
- Licensure goals (Licensure requirements will be coordinated with, but considered separately from, degree requirements.)
- Official transcripts supporting transfer credits (maximum of six semester hours, from within the last five years).
- Before completing six semester hours of Ed.S level course work, a degree-seeking student will apply for degree candidacy. At student must submit:
IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT IN CASE THE STUDENT HAS COMPLETED MORE THAN NINE SEMESTER HOURS OF COURSEWORK PRIOR TO MAKING APPLICATION FOR DEGREE CANDIDACY, SOME COURSEWORK MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE USED IN THE DEGREE PROGRAM.
At the completion of the Ed.S. program requirements, the student will complete an exit evaluation session with his/her Advisory Committee.