LMU Graduate Faculty
Associate Professor, Graduate Education
EdD in Curriculum, Supervision & Instruction, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Commerce, Texas
MEd in Secondary Education, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Commerce, Texas
BS in Elementary Education, Louisiana State University
Other Teaching Experience
- Public School Teaching in Louisiana and Texas—1976-77; 1984-95—12 years total. 4th through 8th grade math, science, social studies, language arts.
- San Jacinto College—(1989-1990)—First developmental math course . Adjunct
- Paris Junior College—(1997-1998)—First developmental math course on campus of TAMU-Commerce. Adjunct.
- Nova Southeastern University—(1999-Present)—Adjunct doctoral dissertations chair. Currently, 27 successful doctoral candidates have been conferred.
- University of Texas Pan American—(2000-2003)--Courses Taught: Learning Theories and Practices + Educational Technology for Teachers (Undergraduate).
- Mississippi Valley State University—(2003-2005)--Courses Taught: Science and Math Methods + Educational Technology for Teachers + Classroom Teaching (Graduate).
- Morehead State University—(2005-2007)—Courses Taught: Math, Social Studies and Language Arts Methods + Learning Theories and Practices + Educational Technology for Teachers (Undergraduate) ; Curriculum Construction, Classroom Teaching, Social Studies Methods (Graduate).
Honors and Awards
- Chosen as Visiting Professor by the University of Wisconsin-Platteville for faculty exchange program (2004).
- Granted membership to the Kentucky Colonels Association 2006 for volunteer work with adult education.
- THE POOR MAN’S CAD: Using Inspiration® for Logo Design.
Presenter: Buford McWright, Mississippi Valley State University
Creating Futures Through Technology Conference, Trade Show 2004
- Pre-service teacher interactive television class in educational technology with synchronous use of laptops (2004).
- Pre-service teacher online portfolio creation with Johns Hopkins e-learning community (2005).
- Educational Technology at a Distance: Is Access to Technology Enough? QUARTERLY REVIEW OF DISTANCE EDUCATION, Volume 4 Number 2, 2003.
- Staff Development Model for Headstart Teachers of Migrant Worker pre-Kindergarten Children: Educational Computing Strategies for Increasing Use of Technology by Very Young Children Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Conference Proceedings Albuquerque, N. M., March, 2003.
- Teacher’s Use of Technology: It’s not just a matter of access Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Conference Proceedings Albuquerque, N. M., March, 2003. (Co-presenters: Dr. Jaime Curts and Dr. Carmen Pena).
- Electronic Portfolio Assessment Paper presented (Co-presenter-Dr. Jaime Curts) at the National Evaluation Conference, Chicago, Illinois, Published October, 2003 in conference proceedings.
- Online and PowerPoint Portfolios: Student Response to Technology Implementation and Assessment, Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2004.
- Chatter that Matters: Using Voice Communication in Online Learning, EISTA 2007 International Conference, Risa Blair, Ed.D., Dr. Buford McWright.
Professonal and Scholarly Affiliations
Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)