- If you do not already have a federal PIN, you may register for your PIN at www.pin.ed.gov. You must have a federal PIN before you can file your FAFSA on line.
- Complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible after January 1, 2012. The FAFSA is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Lincoln Memorial University FAFSA Code is 003502.
In order for you to complete the FAFSA, you will need your 2011 federal income tax return (or an estimate), W-2 forms, bank statements and investment information. You should retain these documents in a file so that they are readily available if requested at a later date by the LMU-DCOM Financial Services Office. As a professional student, we do not require your parental information.
- If you do not receive the results of your FAFSA within a few days of submission, you should check the status of yoru application by selecting "Check Status of a Submitted FAFSA" under the FAFSA Follow-up section of the FAFSA home page. It is important that you review the information for accuracy and make corrections if necessary. We will use the expected family contribution indicated on your SAR to determine your eligibility for federal student loans.
- If your SAR has been flagged for verification by the federal processing center, you will receive a missing information letter from the Financial Aid Office notifying you of the information required to complete verification. You will also receive an email from the LMU-DCOM Office of Financial Services.The information requested should be submitted as soon as possible so as not to delay completion of your financial aid file.
- You will receive an email when your financial aid award has ben made. You should immediately go to your Web Advisor account, review the amounts awarded on each loan program and accept/decline each award. Once this process is complete, be sure to click the "Submit" button. All loans will be awarded at maximum eligibility. If you want to borrow less than the amount awarded, you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the reduction.
- Once you have accepted your loans, follow the instructions on the LMU-DCOM Financial Aid webpage under "Financial Aid Award Completion" to complete your loan processing.
Pat Peace, Director of Financial Services
LMU-DCOM Financial Services Office
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
Office: 423.869.7107; 800.325.0900, ext. 7107