Donating one's body is simple. Forms for registration to the program will be sent to you upon request (see contact information below). The forms are straightforward and easy to fill out. You must be of sound mind and 18 years of age or older. There are no upper age limits to donate.
Steps for donating your body to the LMU-DCOM Anatomical Donation Program:
Step 1: Call or email the Anatomical Donation Program and request the donor forms required for donating your body to the program OR click on this link to print off the donor packet.
Anatomical Donation Program Contact Information:
- Pam Nelson - 423.869.6745 - pamela.nelson@LMUnet.edu
- Jason Haynes - 423.869.7011 - jason.haynes@LMUnet.edu
- Stan Iliff - 423.869.6337 - stan.iliff@LMUnet.edu
Step 2: Once you receive the froms, complete the information required by the donor, have the forms signed by two witnesses and return the University copies and health information forms returned either by fax, email or mail (see contact information below).
- Fax: 423.869.6006
- Mail: LMU-DCOM, Anatomical Donation Program / Anatomy Department, 4th Floor Math and Science Building, C/O Pamela Nelson, 6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway, Harrogate, TN 37752
Step 3: After we have received the completed donor forms we will mail back to you:
- two photocopies of the completed donor form, one copy for the donor's records and one copy for the next-of-kin or executor to keep in the event of the donor's death
- donor wallet card with contact information
Step 4: It is recommended that you distribute the forms to those individuals who would be immediately notified at the time of your death. This will help ensure that your wishes are carried out.
The privacy of the donor's wishes is priority to this institution and will be protected at all times.
Body Donation Coordinator/Administrative Assistant for Anatomy
Lincoln Memorial University-
DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
MS 4th Floor
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752