To prepare outstanding osteopathic physicians who are committed to the premise that the cornerstone of meaningful existence is service to humanity. The mission of LMU-DCOM is achieved by:
- Graduating Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine;
- Providing a values-based learning community as the context for teaching, research and service;
- Serving the health and wellness needs of people within both the Appalachian region and beyond;
- Focusing on enhanced access to comprehensive health care for underserved communities;
- Investing in quality academic programs supported by superior faculty and technology;
- Embracing compassionate, patient-centered care that values diversity, public service and leadership as an enduring commitment to professionalism and the highest ethical standards;
- Participating in the growth, development and maintenance of graduate medical education.