The Emerging LMU-College of Veterinary Medicine
Students Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to know:
- The names of the institutions accrediting or licensing organizations.
- The cost of attendance and the institutional policy on refunds to students who withdraw or stop attending.
- What financial aid programs are available for medical students.
- What deadlines are in place and enforced.
- What criteria is used to select financial aid recipients and how need is determined
- What portion of your financial aid must be repaid, due dates and procedures.
- How the institution determines satisfactory academic progress and what happens if you are not in compliance.
- What special facilities and services are available to the disabled.
It is your responsibility to:
- Review and consider all information about the institution’s program before you enroll.
- Complete all application forms correctly and submit them on time to the right place.
- Submit all documentation, corrections or new information requested by either the Financial
Services Office, the agency to which you submitted your application or your chosen lender.
- Read, understand and keep copies of all forms you are asked to sign.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Comply with deadlines for the payment of tuition.
- Notify the institution of a change in your name or address. If you have a loan, you must also
notify your lender of these changes.
- Understand the institutions refund policy
- Report to the Financial Services Office any outside scholarship or other assistance you are
receiving that is not listed on your financial aid award letter.
- Provide written permission before personal information can be released to outside parties.
Wendy Metz, Administrative Coordinator
College of Veterinary Medicine
Lincoln Memorial University
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
Office: 423.869.7150; 800.325.0900, ext. 7150