Guidelines and qualifications for membership on the academic team:
The academic team is comprised of individuals enrolled in Upward Bound who compete locally and regionally against other Upward Bound programs and high school teams from September to May.
Guidelines for active participation include:
- The student must be a member of the Upward Bound program during the time they are members of the academic team. Students must be in good academic standing at their high school before competing.
- Any student suspended from that respective high school or from Upward Bound will not be allowed to participate until their suspension has been served.
- Those students wishing to join the team who are not currently team members will have an opportunity to try out in the fall.
- Students must participate in regularly scheduled practice sessions. The team is comprised of five (5) members for Team 1 and five (5) members for Team 2. All others will act as alternates.
- Some competitions will include only Team 1.
- Students who are planning to attend the TASP Scholars Bowl competition in March or April must attend six (6) out of seven (7) Saturday Upward Bound sessions.
Lincoln Memorial University
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752