The High Adventure Series
Lincoln Memorial University’s High Adventure Series strives to provide quality outdoor recreation and leadership development for the entire campus community. Thanks in part to the nature of our facilities and activities, which require constant communication and cooperation between teammates to ensure the safety and success of individuals and teams as a whole, our program offers team- and trust-building opportunities that are unmatched by anything else in the area. The course elements include a 500’ zip-line, two high ropes elements, and six low ropes elements. The ropes course is available at any time and at no cost to all members of the campus community.
The High Adventure Series also offers monthly destination excursions to students, staff and faculty. These trips are usually within four hours of campus and are offered at little-to-no cost to members of the campus community. Activities include:
- Horseback riding
The High Adventure Series is also proud to announce that LMU is a Bicycle-Friendly University, as recognized by the League of American Bicyclists. Beginning in the Fall 2012 semester, members of the LMU community noticed many bicycle-friendly changes around campus:
- Bicycle lanes and signs across campus, with multiple connections to the Harrogate greenway.
- This provides cyclists with a safe, easy route to/from Cumberland Gap and through the city of Harrogate
- A brand-new fleet of bicycles for student checkout, free of charge.
- Rental station is located on the Greek Patio
- Fleet includes ten mountain bikes and ten commuter bikes of various sizes.
- Periodic cyclist and commuter education sessions, taught by High Adventure Coordinator and certified League Cycling Instructor Turner Bowling.
- Upgrades to bicycle parking across campus.
- Racks will maintain the condition and ensure the security of your personal bicycle at all times.
For more information, call or e-mail Turner Bowling at (423) 869-6294 or turner.bowling@LMUnet.edu.