Office of Counseling Services
The LMU Counseling staff does NOT provide 24-hour coverage. If you are experiencing an actual mental health emergency (threat to yourself or others) and need immediate assistance:
Off Campus at ANY TIME
- Call 911
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room
- Call the local 24 hour crisis intervention number for Cherokee Health (1.800.826.6881)
- Tell your RA, RD or other student services staff member you need to talk to a counselor.
- Go to the Office of Student Services in the Student Center and ask to speak to a crisis counselor (423.869.7166).
- Contact Campus Public Safety (423-526-7911).
- Contact your RA, or RD.
- Contact Campus Public Safety (423-869-6338) or 911
- Call the local crisis intervention number for Cherokee Health (1.800.826.6881)