[International students applying to the DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (DCOM), Duncan School of Law (DSOL), or the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) should click the following links: DCOM: http://www.lmunet.edu/dcom/ | DSOL: http://law.lmunet.edu/ | CVM: http://vetmed.lmunet.edu/ |
As an international student in the United States, many wonderful opportunities and challenges await you. We want to make this process as smooth as possible. We are happy to talk with you and your family and answer any questions. Contact Robin Bidgood (firstname.lastname@example.org, 423-869-6688), Director of International Programs; or Ke Li (Lily ) Collins (email@example.com, 423-869-6384), Coordinator of International Student Recruitment and Advisement, for more information.
English as a Second Language Programs at Lincoln Memorial University
There are two pathways that international students can take to matriculate at LMU:
- International students with a TOEFL score of 500 (paper test) or 61 (iBT –Internet), or higher, may apply directly to LMU.
- ALA Pathway Program: Students may apply for Conditional Admission to LMU through American Language Academy (ALA) at LMU. ALA-LMU students can live and attend ESL classes on LMU’s campus. Upon successful graduation from ALA’s Level 5, students can enter directly into LMU for their degree. NO TOEFL score is required for students who successfully complete ALA Level 5. Click here for information about how to apply to ALA/LMU: http://www.ala.edu/#!lincoln-memorial-university/cqmo
Required documents for applying to LMU as an International Student:
- Submit the signed application for undergraduate admission (include both pages) and the required $25 fee.
- Have your official high school or college transcript (if completed outside the United States) evaluated by an approved credentialing agency. You may use one of the following organizations:
|World Education Services
Attention: Documentation Center
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
|Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
|Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee WI 53203-3470 USA
Transcripts from schools within the United States may be sent directly from the school to LMU.
- Transfer students must provide a course-by-course evaluation from an approved credentialing agency.
- Submit an official copy of your ACT or SAT scores to the admissions office (for students from countries where English is used as an official language or students who want to be considered for a scholarship).
- Submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) results to the Admissions Office (for students whose native language is not English). If you haven’t taken the TOEFL test, click here: http://www.ala.edu/#!lincoln-memorial-university/cqmo
- An official bank statement demonstrating your means of financial support must be received prior to the issuance of the I-20 form. You may use the following templates to submit the required financial information: Certification of Finances | Affidavit of Support
- In order to ensure that all the information on your passport matches your I-20, provide a copy of the photo page of your passport in your application.
- Students must obtain all required immunizations before enrollment. Current immunization requirements: chicken pox, measles, rubella, typhoid, hepatitis, mumps. Student living in campus housing must be immunized for meningitis.
All the above documentation must be received and admission granted before issuance of an I-20 form, which is necessary for obtaining a student visa. If you are accepted to LMU you will receive a letter of acceptance; that letter and the I-20 form furnished by the university must be presented to the Consular Officer of the United States in your home country, to whom you apply for a student visa. After you receive the I-20 form, you must pay the SEVIS 901 fee. For more information: www.fmjfee.com.
The University will not enroll students issued visas for enrollment from other colleges or universities until SEVIS records have been transferred to LMU.