Office of Admissions 423.869.6280
Veterinary Health Science and Technology
Thank you for your interest in the degree programs offered by the VHST department. As a department, our goal is to educate veterinary medical technology students and veterinary health science students together in an effort to establish a mind-set of collaborative learning. A cohesive veterinary health care team is essential for providing the highest standard of animal care. Veterinary professionals also make positive contributions to their community by promoting animal welfare, fostering the human animal bond and providing client education.
If you are unsure which degree is right for your needs, please contact
Elizabeth Burchette Thompson | 423-869-6831 | email@example.com
VHST Mission Statement
The Veterinary Health Science & Technology Department offers programs to students that wish to enter the veterinary profession upon graduation. The mission of the department is three fold;
- Provide quality education to prepare entry level veterinary technicians in patient assessment, evaluation, client communication, and clinical nursing skill development in preparation for and passing the VTNE licensing exam and obtaining entry level positions as veterinary technicians.
- Provide veterinary technologists with advanced technician courses that will:
- Enhance the associate level educational foundation to foster quality clinical skill development
- Provide an advanced level of education to obtain positions in veterinary technology education, business management, and industry positions that require a bachelor’s degree to apply
- Benefit those that desire to pursue specialization as a credential technician
- Provide a quality education for those that wish to apply to veterinary college, advance studies at the graduate level, and/or prepare graduates to work in the industry of veterinary medicine.
Veterinary Medical Technology
Veterinary Health Science