How did the program prepare you for medical school?
"I developed stronger studying techniques, learned how to work well in groups, and who to work with. I also established relationships with the faculty, staff, and many of the now second years. In addition to the class I took at DCOM, I was also enrolled in undergraduate classes at LMU that helped to further prepare me for the medical schol curriculum".
- Sunny Robertson
“The Post-Bac program gave me some insight on what kind of schedule and course load I would have to handle in med school. Taking gross anatomy really prepared me for the other courses in that it helped me learn how to study in an effective way.”
– Lauren Lewis
“The PMSP program gave an insight on what medical school will bring. This program allotted the PMSP students to take Medical Gross Anatomy with the medical students, which gave a good introduction to the demands of medical school and allow for the time to refine study techniques. The other courses offered were also a good preparation for DCOM’s Molecular Fundamentals of Medicine course.”
– Pamela Hanson
Post-Baccalaureate Medical Science Program
To inquire about this program:
Holly Napier, Coordinator | 1.800.325.0900, ext. 6027 | holly.napier@LMUnet.edu
Hello and welcome to the Lincoln Memorial University website for information on our Post-baccalaureate Medical Science Program. The Post-baccalaureate Medical Science Program (PMSP) is a full-time program of study designed for college graduates who want to pursue a career in medicine. Many students discover that additional academic training or a need to improve their academic credentials is important for successful admission to medical school. LMU’s PMSP is a great choice for developing a successful application portfolio for medical school.
How the LMU Post-baccalaureate Medical Science Program can help you:
- This program will strengthen your academic background in the sciences.
- An evaluation of your academic and experiential portfolio directly mapped to the requirements for entrance into medical or dental school.
- You will take a Human Gross Anatomy course taught by faculty from the Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (DCOM).
- Through this program, you will have a chance to develop professional relationships with LMU-DCOM faculty.
- A pre-professional advisor in this program will help you with interviewing skills and in developing your medical school application.
- This program offers a guaranteed interview to LMU’s Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine for students who complete:
- the first semester of the PMSP program in good standing.
- all application requirements for DCOM.
Students who complete the PMSP at Lincoln Memorial University will have an opportunity to engage in structured academic advising and mentoring, attend seminars at the DCOM, engage in community service activities and complete a rich and rigorous program at an institution that is committed to bettering the lives of people through teaching, research and service to humanity.
Give us a closer look- we think you’ll like what you see!
Dr. Amiel Jarstfer
Professor of Biology
Director, LMU Post-baccalaureate Medical Science Program