Apply to the BSN Program (PDF)
Nurse Anesthesia Concentration (NA)
Apply to the NA Program (PDF)
FAQs about the NA Program
Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration (FNP)
Apply to the FNP Program (PDF)
Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (FPMHNP)
Apply to the FPMHNP Program (PDF)
Be sure to check us out on
Family Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Concentration (FPMHNP)
About the Program
Lincoln Memorial University’s (LMU) Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program, Family Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (FPMHNP) concentration prepares nurses in an advanced practice role with competencies in mental health promotion and culturally competent clinical management of common conditions across the life span. The 17-month concentration requires 44 semester hours of graduate course work to be completed over four (4) semesters including 660 clinical hours.
Students may request full or part-time status. Part-time graduate nursing students must meet with their advisor to plan an individualized progression plan. This will help to ensure that course prerequisites and future course availability will be incorporated into the plan. A change in status from faculty advisor and a new progression plan must be designed (see LMU Caylor School of Nursing Graduate Student Handbook).
See the MSN Student Handbook for details regarding additional requirements for admitted students such as health status forms, proof of insurance, current immunizations, CPR certification, drug screens, and background checks.
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate nursing program.
- An overall academic record with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of "B" (3.0) or better.
- All applicants must have a basic understanding of statistic and basic computer skills.
- Completion of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required, but is recommended.
- Minimum of three recommendations from healthcare professionals who can rate the applicant’s potential. At least two must be from nursing professionals; one may be a professional in a related healthcare field.
- A three-page letter to the Admissions Committee describing professional goals.
- An unencumbered compact license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Tennessee is required for enrollment; clinical practicum may necessitate licensure in neighboring states.
- Medical profile including immunizations record and urine drug screen completed no more than 60 days prior to enrollment in the MSN program.
- A criminal background check and drug screen will be completed prior to enrollment no more than 60 days prior to enrollment in the FPMHNP concentration.
- Proof of health insurance at all times when enrolled in the program.
Students dismissed from another advanced practice nurse program for academic, clinical, or behavioral reasons will not be admitted to LMU CSON Family Psychiatric & Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Concentration. Students who have been enrolled in another program and withdrew in good standing or are still enrolled in good standing must have a letter from the program director stating that they are or withdrew in good standing. Students who are in good standing or who left a program in good standing will be considered for admission.
At LMU, the FPMHNP concentration has been designed to meet standards for advanced practice education as mandated by the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF). The FPMHNP concentration has been approved by both the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Tennessee Board of Nursing (TBN). Nursing program accreditation has been granted by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program is accredited by ACEN. The address for ACEN is: 3343 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326.
The MSN program is fully approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing.
Students who successfully complete the graduate nursing program will receive the Master of Science in Nursing degree. FPMHNP students will meet the eligibility criteria for the American Nurses Credentialing Center FPMHNP certification examination.
FPMHNP Curriculum Plan
Apply to the FPMHNP Program (PDF)
Graduate Student Catalog
Accepting Application for Spring 2016