Office of Admissions 423.869.6467
Apply to the BSN Program (PDF)
Nurse Anesthesia Concentration (NA)
Apply to the NA Program (PDF)
FAQs about the NA Program
Meet the NA Staff
Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration (FNP)
Apply to the FNP Program (PDF)
Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (FPMHNP)
Apply to the FPMHNP Program (PDF)
Be sure to check us out on
Licensed Practical Nurse to Associates of Science in Nursing (LPN-ASN)
The LPN Mobility program allows those who have obtained a certified, unrestricted LPN licensure to continue their nursing education by achieving an Associates of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree. After achieving the ASN, students eligible may sit for the NCLEX-RN exam in order to receive their RN licensure.
Qualified LPN-ASN students begin in the second semester of nursing (NURS 124/126) at one of our four nursing sites: Physicians Regional Medical Center, Knoxville; Alcoa City Center, Alcoa, TN; Baptist Health Corbin, Corbin, KY; and LMU’s Main Campus, Harrogate, TN. The program takes 3 semesters to complete, for a total time of a year and a half.
Requirements for LPNs to apply for the ASN program:
- Be a graduate of an accredited practical nursing program
- Show proof of a valid non-restricted LPN license
- Have validation of one year of current working experience as an LPN
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours of general education courses which will include: BIOL 261 Human Anatomy & Physiology I; BIOL 262 Human Anatomy & Physiology II; and MATH 101 or higher
- Apply and be accepted to Lincoln Memorial University
- Apply and be accepted into the ASN Program
Admission will be based upon the qualifications of the applicant, space availability, and the meeting of conditions for acceptance. Prior to the start of classes, Orientation, Registration and Advising will be scheduled. This information will be enclosed in the acceptance letter if admitted to the program.