Office of Admissions 423.869.6467
Apply to the BSN Program (PDF)
Nurse Anesthesia Concentration (NA)
Apply to the NA Program (PDF)
FAQs about the NA Program
Meet the NA Staff
Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration (FNP)
Apply to the FNP Program (PDF)
Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (FPMHNP)
Apply to the FPMHNP Program (PDF)
Be sure to check us out on
Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) - BSN Option
Commencing in August 2010 at the Cedar Bluff site is CSON’s newest program option, the BSN Option. This unique, accelerated 17-month option will provide students the opportunity to obtain their nursing education in four sequential semesters (Fall I, Spring, Summer, Fall II), enabling them to enter the workforce a minimum of six months earlier than traditional programs. By serving a tri-state region in Appalachia, the Caylor School of Nursing will fulfill its mission to provide highly qualified professional nurses to meet the health care needs and disparities of surrounding communities.
The BSN Option will:
- Prepare the baccalaureate nurse as a generalist, caring for individuals, families, community groups and society at any point on the wellness-illness continuum.
- Prepare graduates eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- Provide a foundation for continued education in nursing.
The baccalaureate undergraduate degree program is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing. Furthermore, the baccalaureate undergraduate degree program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), Inc. NLNAC is officially recognized as a national accrediting agency for nursing education by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and by the U.S. Department of Education. NLNAC may be contacted at:
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Admission criteria for the BSN Option include:
- Admission to LMU
- Formal application for admission to the BSN program
- Satisfactory completion of general education and program course requirements
- Academic transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Completed medical profile form and evidence of a negative chain of custody urine drug screen
- Completed and signed Student Essential Functions form