The program is based at the LMU-Cedar Bluff Extended Learning Site
Doctor of Education (EdD)
To inquire about this program:
Margaret Park, Academic Support
865.531.4109 | margaret.park@LMUnet.edu
Program Design – Curriculum & Instruction and Leadership & Administration
(LMU-Cedar Bluff, Knoxville)
- Pathway 1 –Applicants must possess a master’s degree.
The program consists of 63 credit hours including: a) 15 credit hours of doctoral core); b) 18 credit hours in a concentration; c) 15 credit hours in independent dissertation coursework; and d) 15 credit hours in the alternate concentration. Candidates may need to take additional dissertation hours dependent upon their progress in the program. Students will graduate with an EdD in two concentrations.
- Pathway 2 – Applicants must possess an EdS, or master’s degree plus 30 hours minimum in an education-related field.
The program consists of 48 credit hours including: a) 15 credit hours of doctoral core; b) 18 credit hours in a concentration; and c) 15 credit hours in independent dissertation coursework. Candidates may need to take additional dissertation or course hours dependent upon their progress in the program. Students may choose to enroll in 15 additional hours from the alternate concentration to graduate with an EdD in two concentrations.
Review of applications will begin April 15. For full consideration, applicants must have all application materials turned in by this date. Leadership & Administration (LA) and Curriculum & Instruction (CI) students will begin classes in fall term.
- Stage One: Complete application package must be submitted
- Application form
- Application fee of $50, non-refundable
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores – verbal, quantitative, and writing – taken within the past five years. Applicants must have:
- a minimum combined verbal and quantitative score of 750 (or 285 if taken after August 1, 2011) and
- a minimum writing score of 3.5.
- Transcripts for all graduate level coursework
- Three recommendation forms
- Resume or Curriculum Vita
- Stage Two: Writing Assessment and Interview
Applicants recommended for Stage Two will take a writing assessment and have an interview at the Cedar Bluff campus. Final recommendations for admission into the EdD program will be made after writing assessments and interviews have been evaluated. The decision of the Admissions Committee is final.
Admitted candidates are required to attend a program orientation before beginning work in the program. Failure to do so may constitute deferring enrollment or dismissal from the program.
Carter & Moyers School of Education
Lincoln Memorial University
421 Park 40 North Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37923
Funding: Applicants seeking financial aid are encouraged to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov.